Drink Warm

>> Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Since it hasn't warmed up  even a little bit here in Chilly Chicago, I have decided to continue with talking about warm things.  This post is a little more attainable at the moment then my last, as here you will find delicious recipes to various warm cocktails.  Now, we all have heard of Hot Toddy's and Irish coffee's so, while those are tasty, I wanted to show off some recipes you hopefully haven't heard of.  I, myself, can not wait to try all of these! 

(But not at once!..I mean, we're not in college anymore people..)

1. I am starting off with this one because, personally, I LOVE anything with bourbon in it!

Makes one 9 oz. latte
8 oz. strong or extra bold coffee
1 oz. bourbon
1 oz. butterscotch sauce
Foam
2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream, cold

  

2.  This always sounds yummy when you want something just a little sweet!
photo by bestcrystal.com
• 1 gallon apple juice
• 1 gallon apple cider
• 3 cups white sugar
• 8 cinnamon sticks
• 1 bottle 190 proof grain alcohol (750 ml)


3.  The perfect counterpart to a summer staple...Lemonade
photo by Ashley Chase

• 3 cups water
• 3/4 cup fresh lemon juice
• 2/3 cup sugar
• 1 1/2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
• 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
• 4 cinnamon sticks (optional)


4.  For all you wine lovers (that's me!) this one sounds interesting..



1 gallon red wine
10 cinnamon sticks
14 whole cloves
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup fresh orange juice
1 lemon, sliced into rounds


5.  I saved the most interesting one for last.  It looks like it might be a labor of love, but could be worth it!
photo by Melissa Wiehn
  • 2 large eggs, separated
  • 2 1/2 tablespoons sugar
  • 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon Jamaican rum
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • Small pinch ground allspice
  • Small pinch ground cloves
  • Large pinch ground cinnamon
  • 2 2/3 cups whole milk
  • 1 teaspoon freshly grated whole nutmeg or ground nutmeg


Well, there ya go - I hope you try some of these and let me know how they worked out!!

xoxo




0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP